This is a pre-deployment service for staff or volunteers heading to work overseas.
To book a session/appointment
- For organizations wishing to arrange a pre-deployment consultation appointment for a member of staff, delegate or volunteer, please authorise sessions using this form: https://bit.ly/NGO-EAP
- For individual staff members/clients whose organisation has authorised consultations, you will be contacted by email on receipt of your organisation’s authorisation and be sent a link to schedule an appointment at a convenient time.
- For individual staff members/clients wishing to book and pay for a pre-deployment session/appointment independently, please click here.
The session comprises a 2 hour consultation to identify:
- Perceived psychosocial risk factors associated with the deployment
- Motivational risk factors
- Personal stress factors
- Mental health risk factors
- Key points of adjustment stress
- Personal signs of stress
- Effective resilient strategies & coping skills
- Social support mechanisms
- Main organizational support policies & protocols to research
The session also involves psychoeducation, brief mindfulness training and biofeedback to ensure mastery of regulated breathing techniques and insight into how the mind and body works together in times of stress or threat.
Prospective deployees will have the option to complete a personalized deployment care plan and provided with links to relevant resources.
If feedback is required, a brief written or verbal report will be charged an additional fee of $ 90.
(Note that 10% GST will be additional if services are being requested and paid for by an employer or organization)