A post-deployment debriefing or consultation service is offered for staff or volunteers returning from an overseas assignment.
1.5-2 hours should be allowed for the first session.
Most organizations offer personnel up to four sessions within a 6 month time frame of their assignment ending.
For some people, one session is sufficient.
The specific goals of each session will differ and is dependent on a number of factors such as:
- The length of time since the assignment ended;
- The experience and prior exposure of the deployee to stressful or traumatic factors encountered on assignment;
- The nature of challenges experienced on the assignment and if these were anticipated;
- The specific nature of the personal, organizational and project issues that arose during the course of the assignment;
- The effectiveness of support offered;
- The system of support and networks that the deployee is returning to;
- The goals and future vocational orientation of the returning deployee;
- The status of their personal relationships;
- Professional and financial obligations;
- The deployee’s current status of mental and physical health;
- Knowledge and effectiveness of coping strategies at the reintegration phase of a deployment
The consultation involves a combination of screening (related to mental health, resilience & coping and resource support), personal narrative, integrative reflection, psychoeducation, brief mindfulness coaching and recommendations.
Returning deployees will be given handouts and links to relevant resources as may be required.
|Fees||60mins||AUD $ 180 (excl. gst)|
|90mins||AUD $ 260 (excl. gst)|
|120mins||AUD $ 340 (excl. gst)|
(Note that 10% GST will be additional if services are being requested and paid for by an employer or organization)
For organizations wishing to arrange a post-deployment debriefing appointment for a member of staff, delegate or volunteer, please complete and submit the appointment request form.
To enquire about post-deployment consultation services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 057 303